I can't say I am really fond of her anymore. But this is probably one of the best things I have heard her say:
"What you choose to do with your voice in this world is extremely powerful. I have seen throughout history how dangerous it can be to use your voice for evil. Now we all have a platform. But what really scares me is these massive corporations that just have no standards for values at all: "It's not MY problem! It's YOUR problem. But I'll take your money and we'll go public."
Is that what we're gonna do? Is that what we stand for as a generation?
"Oh, it's fine because I still get to post my pictures!" Who cares. Nobody is going to remember what you tweeted. But you will never forget all that hateful shit that you read every single day that made you sick at school, that made it hard for you to read, that made it hard for you to understand, hard for you to focus, get a boyfriend, make a friend, be able to have sex. I can't even tell you the amount of things and anxiety and depression made hard for me growing up. All the problems. All the things I didn't even know were actually wrong with me until I realized I was missing out on so much. We have to take a stand against ALL of this."
-Lady Gaga
No comments:
Post a Comment